Problem: While creating multilingual pages in Joomla 2.5 using FaLang extension, translated matter is not saved or displayed on the page. Sometimes you can use an alternative browser and save the text, but this is not consistent.
Solution: This is really a workaround rather than a solution.
- On the control panel of FaLang, click on Translation. Here you will see all the articles to be translated. By default all the articles go into 'Translation incomplete' state, indicated by a yellow bulb icon and into 'Published' mode.
- Use the appropriate filters to view articles. (Select: Language, Select: Content elements)
- Open the article. You need to 'Un-publish' it and change 'State' to 'Translation not existing '. You can do this in the tab named- 'Publishing' which appears at the top right side of the page.
- Save the article and close the file.
- Open the file again. Edit the Publishing tab. Select language, Click on 'Published' – checkbox. In the left section of the page there are blank form fields for Title and Alias. Write Translation of Title and Alias. Go to field: Article Text. Paste your translated content.
- Save the file.
Now the translation will be saved and you should see it in your Joomla pages!